Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How often do you serve communion? Who can participate?
A: We serve communion on the first Sunday of each month. Anyone who has given their life to Jesus is welcome to participate, including children.
Q: As a non-denominational church are you part of any association or network?
A: We believe that no church should function in isolation. CGS is part of HNI (Harvest Network International) based out of Hastings, MN. All our pastors are HNI members and our church is also a member congregation.
Q: Do you support women in ministry?
A: Yes. We believe that God gifts both men and women for leadership and we have no restrictions on people based on gender.
Q: Do you have church membership?
A: Yes. Membership is an important step of declaring your commitment to the church God has called you to be a part of. To be a member at CGS means you:
• Support the vision of CGS by serving and using your gifts and talents in some capacity. (Romans 12:3-8; 1 Corinthians 12; Matthew 20:25-28)
• Support God’s vision for CGS with your tithes and offerings. (1 Corinthians 16:2; 2 Corinthians 9:7; Leviticus 27:30; Malachi 3:6-12; Matthew 23:23)
• Faithfully participate in Sunday Morning Worship Services. (Acts 2:42-47; Hebrews 10:25)
• Maintain the unity of the Body. (Hebrews 13:17; 1 Corinthians 1:10; Philippians 2:3)
• Commit to a lifestyle of discipleship by living a life that reflects Scripture’s truths by daily studying the Scriptures and spending time in prayer. (1 Timothy 4:13; 2 Timothy 3:16; Matthew 7:7; Luke 18:1; Matthew 26:41; John 16:24)
Q: What is the authority structure in the church?
A: The church government structure at CGS is one that is Sr. Pastor led. The Elders and Deacons work with the Sr. Pastor in spiritual and financial matters of the church. CGS is part of HNI (Harvest Network International) and they can be used as outside counsel if deemed necessary.